Shop Ikon Limited Editions this Christmas
Still looking for that extra special gift? Why not consider giving the gift of art this Christmas! Ikon works with exhibiting artists to produce a range of affordable limited editions. Both established and emerging artists make work for sale and all profits support Ikon’s charitable and educational programme.
From photographic prints by Vanley Burke, Boyd & Evans and Cornelia Parker, to functional pieces designed by Ding Yi and Polly Apfelbaum, or sculptural pieces by Gillian Wearing and Richard Wilson, we have something for every taste and budget.
Ikon’s Communications Assistant Heather selects her five favourite editions to gift this Christmas.
- The latest addition to our range of editions is Untitled (2018) by Haroon Mirza, which comprises a mirrored plate with magnetised circuit board and gravity-defying wallet – when placed on the mirror it levitates and spins. Produced in a limited edition of 10 and priced at £500.
- This archival print accompanied Boyd & Evans’ exibition Views at Ikon (2012). Signed and numbered by the artists, it depicts a truck stop in Nevada, where “the sense of space, distance, exposure, vastness and your own insignificance is palpable and exhilarating.” Limited edition of 50, £150.
- This embossed enamel sign with hand-painted white lettering “is based on a photograph I took of a battered parking notice on a 60’s council estate in N1. The signs are ubiquitous in London, displayed on all the estates of the period. Isolated from its context the instruction can refer to anything you want it to. Stop eating, Stop drinking, Stop smoking, Stop thinking, Stop worrying, Stop” – Cornelia Parker. Plinth Ikon 50 Edition (2015). Signed, limited edition of 20, £1000.
- Shimabuku’s Leaves Swim (2013) elegantly illustrates a seahorse that resembles a leaf, drawn from his 2011 video work. C-type print from colour negative, unframed. Signed and numbered by the artist, limited edition of 50, £150.
- This beautifully designed Colour Chart Tea Towel accompanies Ikon’s recent exhibition by Polly Apfelbaum: Waiting for the UFOs (a space set between a landscape and a bunch of flowers). Edition of 50 with a digitally signed label, £40.
To make a purchase, visit Ikon Shop in person, telephone 0121 248 0711 or shop online.