Ikon Youth Programme (IYP) is for young people aged 16-21. Make artwork, work with professional artists, host events, develop projects.
Ikon’s Youth Programme (IYP) is for young people aged 16-21 who meet regularly to make artwork, work with professional artists, host events and develop their own projects.
IYP AIMS TO
- Create opportunities to meet like-minded people, peers and creative professionals.
- Programme events for other young people.
- Pioneer youth-led programming supported by artists.
- Create a collective, to work with others to be creative.
- Work closely with Ikon’s artistic programme and staff.
- Develop contemporary creative practice.
- Share skills and knowledge with others.
IYP x SLOW BOAT
A converted narrow boat, Slow Boat is a unique floating space for IYP, local communities and artists to make and experience art, whilst navigating the regions canal network.
With the support of Freelands Foundation during 2021-2024, the project will be developed to expand the alternative curriculum offered by IYP, raising fundamental questions concerning the definition and relevance of art against a backdrop of societal change.
WANT TO JOIN IYP?
If you are aged 16-21 and have an interest in or curiosity about contemporary art, you can join a group of likeminded people who meet regularly to talk about art, programme new events, work with artists and develop their creative practice.
HISTORY OF SLOW BOAT
For ten years IYP has navigated Slow Boat around the waterways of the West Midlands and beyond. Learn about the history of the boat and the artists who’ve worked on it.